Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Really funny tax blog

For those who think taxes and a good laugh can go together, check out this blog post by the Tax Girl blog:

http://www.taxgirl.com/joan-rivers-cher-in-trouble-congress-to-tax-plastic-surgery/

Her blog was an inspiration for mine and I actually read almost all of her posts (which are a lot). Her site helped me find an answer to avoid income taxes on $67,000 of debt forgiveness that my accountant was having trouble with. I would at least bookmark her page just in case you are researching a tax question. The blog is a treasure trove of answers to various tax questions.

OK, I am really a tax nerd at heart, too, just nobody would hire me as a tax attorney out of law school because I didn't have an accounting or tax background. So I ended up in planned giving, which gives me the opportunity to dabble in sticky tax issues without ever having to take an accounting class.

1 comment:

charitable annuity said...

I am looking for some views from with financial planners regarding the charitable annuity. I want to get all information regarding it so that it would be easy for me to invest me it.